Fifth Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Sanctum

This is an IRC-based roleplaying game about the misadventures of supernatural youths and the lives they live at Fifth Sanctum School.

HomeHome  Wiki  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Temporary - Character Submissions

Go down 
+21
Lena
The Mercenary Abby
Charlotte
Aestraix
Qtpie1
BobaFettuccine
Kioku
dragonwielder
WetBeard
ReclaimerCurse
NeonScoop
PioneerSlav
Endorb
SolongStarbird
Karaoke
Silvors
Uracilo
espadrile
LipstickThespian
madness_
Balthazaar
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BobaFettuccine

Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 3:06 am

Alright, I changed her backstory so that she's not an SAI. I also added something to Data form to let her add half of her brains to her psyche at creation, (like most chars do with Brawn and HP)
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Kira
Coolio. 1/2 approved
Back to top Go down
Qtpie1

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Re:
Ethan
Blobology 101 lets him mimic anything AND gives him regen healing? Both of those would probably be a thing on their own. As for Imposter, I'd say it depends on how it weakens power but it still seems like a tad much since a lot of characters have abilities that only let them mimic others.
Back to top Go down
Aestraix

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 12:15 am

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:james-rand

Did the best I could! I've never done RP with stats/dice rolling, nor on IRC before, so it may need some work, not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:39 am

Well like I said before, the mechanics side was already fine... the modified history works, and the mechanical change is light enough to still work, so... other half of approval then.

Re: James
The weakness is barely anything, because a botch is such low likelihood to be practically ignorable.
Mindscape and Alter Perception do... basically the same thing, and could (should) be folded together and combined into a single power.
History issue: Sunnybrook closed over 3 months ago, GWU doesn't have anything to do with the new school.
Back to top Go down
Aestraix

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Kioku wrote:
Well like I said before, the mechanics side was already fine... the modified history works, and the mechanical change is light enough to still work, so... other half of approval then.

The weakness is barely anything, because a botch is such low likelihood to be practically ignorable.
Mindscape and Alter Perception do... basically the same thing, and could (should) be folded together and combined into a single power.
History issue: Sunnybrook closed over 3 months ago, GWU doesn't have anything to do with the new school.

Removed weakness, combined/changed power, and fixed history.
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 pm

looks good now, 1/2 approved
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:25 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:tamiko With help from Endorb on a power, while also basically rewriting a lot of things that were originally worded in a confusing or weird way. So thanks for that Endorb :3
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Tamiko
Nothing I can complain about~ 1/2 approved
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: Tamiko
I too have no complaints; approved.

It's easier when things that aren't weaknesses don't get listed under weaknesses, but otherwise good enough, approved.
Back to top Go down
PioneerSlav

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 1:52 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:mieszko

A NUUUU! CHEEKI BREEKI! Character for shishs and giggles.
Back to top Go down
Endorb

Endorb

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:19 pm

RE: Mieszko

I'm very confused by what the mechanics of his powers are supposed to be, specifically. Especially what triggers that last one, and what constitutes "psychic attacks". Is he immune to psyche damage, or anything that requires rolling mental defense, or somewhere in between?
Back to top Go down
PioneerSlav

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Okay, I have explained some things. It's supposed to be confusing a bit though...

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:mieszko
Back to top Go down
BobaFettuccine

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 3:28 am

Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Nate
Tailor really doesn't need to be a listed, point-spent skill, you can be an awesome tailor fluff-wise without it. If you want to keep it, at least expand it to overall crafting. (Likewise, Intimidation is just part of social, but you can keep it as just intimidation if you really want to for flavor purposes.)

Mutation, Really Strong; Passive bonuses to an entire stat will never work for a power. Likewise, something adding a potential bonus of up to +8 will never work, it's just too huge - something boosting rolls can perhaps afford to be +1 or +2 for a few rounds early on, or +3 for one or two rolls later on. It might work out better to give a bonus of something like either +1/3 power rating for a flat few rounds, or +1 for 1/2 roll rounds, or something... and then maybe make Overdrives (spend a health to get +2 to an action) give +3 instead of +2 for brawn-based rolls? Admittedly, the cooldown period at risk of health damage might help here too... basically, overall, it has the potential for way higher of a bonus than the system can support, and a passive stat boost.

Mutation, Wound Transference; On the weak side for a power, simply because frankly, other characters have powers that do exactly this *and* do more besides. Glance at Valentin (SS) or Conrad (Kadmus) for examples.

As ways do discover a power go, I love the history. XD
Back to top Go down
BobaFettuccine

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Okay, but the thing is, I lifted the mechanics for Mutation, Really Strong from two other characters Misty's Rokea power has a +1 to strength in multiple different ways, among other things and Callum's Adreno Muscular Surge Capacity is way more powerful than the bonus I'm suggesting here because it 1. Takes a bonus of just flat half of the power rating, not from a roll and
2. can be applied to all physical stat rolls, not just brute strength stuff
So I lifted only a *part* of the mechanics from two other characters for this power pretty much directly without alteration other than to make them a bit weaker.

Also changed wound transference to be able to transfer his wounds to other people as well
Back to top Go down
The Mercenary Abby

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:53 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:abby

Linking it here for appraisal and comments!
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Re: Abby
Well... umm... huh. She's really really young?
Sorry, I've got nothing, the character looks good. 1/2 approval good, even.
The history is a little odd (Yay, first character being an out in the open hero sort I think, since the world at large has only known about all this since last November)
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Abby
Looks coolio, my one complaint is that the player and character names are the same, but this isn't the first time sooo 2/2 approval.
Back to top Go down
espadrile

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm

I have a new character to post! Here's Dorothy, the bodiless woman! This would bring my body:character ratio back to one, funnily enough Razz
http://fifthsanctum.com/character:dorothy
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Dorothy
Okay, so... having no Brawn/Agility is pretty serious... but N/A wouldn't be the applicable number for the stat. 0 would be. Just as 1 (are you sure? Really, 1? Wouldn't a glass eye have at least like... 3?) HP would be that, not N/A.

Right, umm... how do I say this... your three powers are more like one and a half. Someone with Telepathy (admittedly probably the single strongest powers, borderline OP or maybe even actually OP) could do all of those things, except that controlling their body would be /really/ difficult and probably require a long, hard process of takeover first. So I would personally work on combining some of that, maybe Mind Hopping + one of the other two gets turned into a single power, and then boost up the remaining one to do a bit more and... hrm. I guess that'd need to find a new third power... I dunno. In any case, I like the powers as they are, but each one of them is on the weak side right now.

You either have 2 too many skill points, or 1 too few skill and 2 too many power. Remember that only one weakness can be used for points.

Re: Nate
It's been discussed a bit, and I think we're going to give this a try; Mutation, Really Strong can get away with giving +1 Brawn (and never more) starting when it hits rank 3 or 4 (let's just say 3 since that's where it's at), but artifacts can't boost his Brawn-linked skills

So that in mind, 1/2 approved, but may be revisited at some point to make sure things are working out okay.

Re: Mieszko
The history is a little confusing, but after a lot of working stuff out, I think you've got the rest sorted. 1/2 approved.
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Aaand Dorothy stuff discussed and patched up.
Re: Dorothy
1/2 approval.
Back to top Go down
Karaoke

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 1:17 am

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:gabriella-ortiz This is a complete replacement of Peter
Back to top Go down
Lena
Admin
Lena

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 11:53 am

I'm currently looking over Gabriella Ortiz
Back to top Go down
http://fifthsanctum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary - Character Submissions
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fifth Sanctum :: Out-Of-Character :: General OOC Topics-
Jump to: