Fifth Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fifth Sanctum

This is an IRC-based roleplaying game about the misadventures of supernatural youths and the lives they live at Fifth Sanctum School.

HomeHome  Wiki  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Temporary - Character Submissions

Go down 
+21
Lena
The Mercenary Abby
Charlotte
Aestraix
Qtpie1
BobaFettuccine
Kioku
dragonwielder
WetBeard
ReclaimerCurse
NeonScoop
PioneerSlav
Endorb
SolongStarbird
Karaoke
Silvors
Uracilo
espadrile
LipstickThespian
madness_
Balthazaar
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WetBeard

Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Posting for redundancy's sake and to get two birds with one stone.
Dracaz needs to be put onto the character list http://fifthsanctum.com/character:dracaz
Eloise needs one more approval mark http://fifthsanctum.com/character:eloise-marlyn
Back to top Go down
madness_

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 6:09 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:lee-dae-su

Did as bid! Does this look good enough?
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Re: Harisha
Keeping Loving as-is is fine, yeah, just was mentioning that it /could/ do more in the future, at least.
Mechanics for Love are pretty strong since it's a large bonus to anything and everything, for an extended period. Having a penalty to her own rolls is a pretty good counterbalance to that, but for such a duration and with a power that can boost every roll, it's still a bit much.

Re: Lee Dae-su
*Prods with 1/2 approval*
Back to top Go down
espadrile

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Alright. I added a height, changed Tentacles completely, and smooshed together Sleep and Dream. Better?
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Re: Chloe
Yes. Much. :P
The powers are both still a bit more limited than typical, but within reasonable levels - here's just hoping to see them grow later on, particularly the latter one adding more senses or something.
Weakness - I think it'd at least count as mild, giving 2 more skill points.
Demeanor/Nature/History stuff is fairly brief, but covers the important points.
Basically yeah, 1/2 approval on this once you spend those 2 skill points.

Last edited by Kioku on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uracilo

Uracilo

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:harisha-deneb

I changed Hari's power so it only boosts utility power use. Is that weak enough?
It can no longer boost attack or defense powers numerically in combat situations. Only utility uses that are tangential or indirect to combat are allowed. I feel it can be justified by the nature of the ability.

Scratch that. Changed it so the power gives its bonus for the next three rolls as a flat duration, cemented the penalty to Hari's rolls as -2 and decided the boost should be rounded down unless a GM differs in opinion on the matter. Hopefully she's ready for approval!
Back to top Go down
Balthazaar

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 10:16 pm

I think I clarified the mechanics of her thing: http://fifthsanctum.com/character:ettain
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 9:23 am

Looks good to me. 1/2 approval.

Re: Ettain
I still don't get where the iron weakness is coming from, but meh, whatever.
Daughter of the Pale One, you'll want to improve later on so it's not just doing that one thing, but it's a fine starting point.
HP should be 1 higher because of Brawn.
Mm, good enough, 1/2 approval.
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Re: Eloise
Looks fine! Approved.

Re: Lee
No complaints. Approved.

My only complaint is that her staking her soul to get her powers was mentioned in the weakness, but her obtaining them wasn't mentioned in the backstory. Other than that, I don't really have anything to complain about it you don't. Everything else looks fine. Fix the inconsistency or PM me explaining it if you want it to be a secret and I'll approve it.

Re: Chloe
I don't really think having tentacles is a weakness. Sure, it makes her look weird, but the majority of the students look weird.
Back to top Go down
espadrile

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 3:40 pm

So I totally redid Chloe because y'all gave me time to think. Asking for re-approval.
http://fifthsanctum.com/character:chloe-gass
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Eloise, Lee, Dracaz, Chloe, Ettain added to lists.
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Harisha's 'inconsistency' has been PM'd and her stuff has been edited. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Karaoke

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 12:47 am

I would also like to sumit a character for approval:

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:peter-mcintosh
Back to top Go down
SolongStarbird

SolongStarbird

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:37 am

So I made a character awhile ago, and just found out that the limit had been raised again, so I can finally enter him in I hope. I don't know if he's been looked over yet, but he probably hasn't so here: http://fifthsanctum.com/character:vincent-bale

(And yes I realize the back story involves the GWU. I can change that.)
Back to top Go down
Endorb

Endorb

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 8:11 pm

http://fifthsanctum.com/character:lutaren-heisenberg-von-karma

First submission, I tried to keep powers smaller than I felt I could get away with.

I'm not going to put her active straightaway, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 11:03 am

Re: Peter
Artifacts just... aren't all that common. I don't think the Artifact Magnet power would work in-setting; there's just not enough artifacts to be found.
Listing 'is only human' really doesn't need to be said, it's the default state and doesn't belong under weaknesses.

Re: Vincent
This is... actually already pretty well put together. I'm apprehensive about how the power could be used, so like anything that could lead to permanent changes for a character, be sure to get player consent about using it, but... yeah. 1/2 approval.

Re: Lutaren
Will need an eye on them as they progress and powers upgrade, but as it currently is, I think it works (overly wordy or not, not that I'm the one to complain about that). So 1/2 approval.
Back to top Go down
Karaoke

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: Re: Peter

I modified the power so that it would not only be attracted to artifacts but would instead be drawn to different valuable objects like small gems buried in the ground or someone's lost watch. Artifacts are included, yet he cannot tell what the artifact does at all, so he will avoid them due to the chain.

Back to top Go down
PioneerSlav

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
WetBeard

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Karaoke

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:05 am

About Peter, I decided his power tat I changed was bad anyways, so I completely revised it and formatted his backstory and edited it so it made more sense.

Will he be approved?
Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Peter
"Peter was born November 27, 2000, making him 17 on his first day at the Sanctum." Errrm no, that would make him 18. Razz Want to make it 2001? XD
But besides that, looks like it'll work now, if a bit on the weak side. So 1/2 approval.

Re: Horst
Arms & Armor is on the strong side, but workable.
Pioneer's Gasses isn't doing nearly enough, should be added to or possibly merged with another power.
Machine Spirit looks pretty good.
I'm sure at least one of those weaknesses would be good for points. XD
Otherwise pretty good going so far.

Re: Excalibur
Why do you have melee combat as a skill and as a skill replacement from a power? You don't need both! Razz
Battle Physiology and Hard Scales would work far better if combined into a single power to be both endurance/toughness and athletics. >_>
If The Flesh is also Weak is being used for points, it needs more mechanical specificity.
Back to top Go down
WetBeard

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Kioku
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if that severe is severe, it kind of toes the line, but for whatever reason it looks like you're taking the bonus from the mild instead anyway... >_> Everything else looks good now though.
Back to top Go down
Silvors
GM

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Peter, Vincent, Lutaren, Horst:
APproved and adding to list now.

You have a severe weakness, but are using the points from the mild one instead? You had one extra skill point, since you seem to be using the weakness for skills. Add that extra point somewhere and Gravity Field also seems a bit weak, since from what I'm reading on it it pretty much is 'pulls stuff towards him'.
Back to top Go down
WetBeard

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:25 pm

Fixed, I'm fine with GF being on the weak side, it fits the character. http://fifthsanctum.com/character:excalibur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary - Character Submissions   Temporary - Character Submissions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary - Character Submissions
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fifth Sanctum :: Out-Of-Character :: General OOC Topics-
Jump to: